Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Sunday, October 12, 2014

MASKS



Advertisements for Halloween costumes are all over the place right now, and ... uh, oh ... it got me thinking.

We all wear masks from time to time; we have to.  There are situations where our true feelings or reactions would not be socially acceptable or, in the worse case scenario ... even illegal.  What we need to realize is there is one mask we wear that can interfere with our lives.  A false persona is created ... usually due to the unfortunate notion of not being good enough.  That notion subsequently prevents us from forming a genuine relationship with God and others.

God doesn't make mistakes.  We need to trust Him ~ remember, He created each one of us in His image.  We need to embrace who we are; establish an honest relationship with ourselves.  Then, and only then, can we form a true and lasting relationship with Him and others.

Psalms 139:13-14

You formed my inmost being; you knit me in my mother’s womb.
I praise you, because I am wonderfully made; wonderful are your works!
My very self you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!